Foods that Your Cat Should Never Eat - Raising a cat is easy and difficult at the same time. While this furred animal can be easily fed, in fact there are foods that your cat should never eat. These foods look good to our human body, but the case will be different when they are eaten by your car. Find out below what kind of foods that you shouldn’t give to your beloved cat.
Harmful Foods Your Cat Should Never Eat
1. Dairy ProductsDairy products, especially milk that we consider very good for our body apparently not as good as we think when it come to our cat’s body. It’s because the cat’s body has difficulty in digesting the lactose in milk. Even if your cat seems fine consuming the milk, it still will affect her stomach. The lactose in the milk can make your cat suffer from diarrhea or at least upset her stomach.
2. Raisins or GrapesThe next food you should avoid to give to your cat is raisins or grapes. Both of them are very dangerous for your cat. While the reason hasn’t been found yet, raisins and grapes can lead to kidney failure on cat. The signs of this condition are doziness, diarrhea, low appetite, abdominal pain and decreased urination.
3. ChocolateThe substance called methylxanthines found in chocolate is poisonous for the cat. If this substance enters to cat’s body, it can cause her vomiting and diarrhea. The cat can also suffer from high body temperature, abnormal heart rhythm, muscle tremors and abdominal pain as her body reactions for consuming the substance. For your caution, darker chocolate is more dangerous than white chocolate and milk.
4. Raw Meat, Eggs and BonesLike for human body, salmonella or E. coli found in raw meat and eggs are also dangerous for the cat body. It can make your cat ill. The symptoms from the illness caused by salmonella or E. coli are various. Vomitting, lethargy and diarrhea are common symptoms found on cat that are poisoned by salmonella or E. coli.
5. Foods and Drinks that Contain AlcoholAny foods or drinks that contain alcohol are definitely bad for your cat. The effects on cat’s body from consuming them are tremors, hard breathing, vomiting and diarrhea. On the worst case, it may lead to cat’s death.
6. Garlic and OnionsGarlic, onions and shallots can also be dangerous for your cat. Although the effect may only appear when the cat consumes in large portion, but it is still bad to give them to your cat even in small amount. It’s because these foods can damage the red blood cells of your cat and make her suffer from anemia.
Now, you have known several foods that your cat should never eat. We hope this information can be a little help in preventing your cat from any illness caused by foods. Have a good day with your beloved cats, then.