Things You Need to Know to Make Your Cats Stay Healthy - Raising a cat is not merely showering the cat with food and love, but there are more things than that. As a cat lover and owner, you must want the pet to stay healthy, right? Because with the healthy cat comes the happy cat as well. Here you are the things you need to know to make your cats stay healthy.
5 Ways to Keep a Cat Healthy
1. Give Your Cat Regular BrushingRemember to add into your daily schedule for brushing the cat. Daily brushing will increase your cat’s hair beauty as well as help her to reduce the possibility of hairball. To easily take your beloved cat for brushing is relating the treatment with something your cat likes. For example, you can brush her every day before meal, so she will associate brushing with something tasty.
2. Don’t Give Your Cat Too Much Dry FoodsWhile dry foods are more convenient for feeding the cat, we recommend you to not give your cat too much dry foods. Always try to make your cat main meal is meat. It’s been said by the cat’s expert that large amount of dry food will lead type 2 diabetes in cat and obesity.
3. Care of Your Cat’s Thirst
Unlike dogs, cats becomes thirsty easily. Therefore, they need water more than the dogs too. You can notice that they will drink more water after eating dry foods. This is because the dry foods contain less water. We recommend you to give your cat easy access to clean or hygienic water in home for her drinking. For additional information, older cats and nursing cats usually need more water.
4. Pay Attention of Your Cat’s Litter BoxIf you have more than one cat in your home, you also must have more than one litter box. At least, one cat should have one litter box. But it’s recommended to have additional litter box. For example, if you have four cats, you should have five litter boxes. Ensure the placement of the litter boxes are at the comfortable place for your cats. Also, notice the cleanliness of the boxes and change the sand every day.
5. Give Your Cat a Scratching PostBuild a scratching post in the home for your cats. It’s necessary so your furniture will be safe from their claws. Make the scratching post appeal to your cats so they will be interested to use them. You can start by placing the scratch post in the center of the room and put some catnip so your cat will like it.
More: How to Help a Cat That Is Having Kittens, Like a Pro!
So, isn’t it easy to make your cats stay healthy? We hope you will like this post and your cat too. Hope your cat will stay healthy so it spread happy virus in your home. Have a good day and thank you for reading.