The Most Common Causes of Vomiting in Pets - Vomiting can be a sign to many conditions in cats, from foods poisoning until some fatal illness. When your cat vomits, though, do not be panic. Calm down and do proper action to help her. You also need to know what may cause your cat vomits. Below we compile the most common cause of vomiting in cats. Let’s check them out.
What Causes Cats to Vomit?
1. Panleukopenia VirusThis virus is quite dangerous for cats. It can cause cats to vomit yellow liquid. The virus can also cause the cats having diarrhea. For further treatment, take your cats to the vet right away if your cat vomit and has diarrhea.
2. Foods PoisoningSome certain foods can also cause cats to vomit. For your caution, there are foods that are good for human but can make cats vomit. The foods like chocolate, grapes, raisin, milk and raw egg or meat have been known as poisonous foods for the feline.
3. HairballsHairballs in cats is common thing. It’s normal when the cats lose hair they will lick their body. Then after that self-grooming, the lost hair will accidentally swallowed. Because such action is their habit, after some time the hair become a lot in their stomach and make the food’s space in their tummy narrower. Hence, the cats then vomits their foods. Usually they will eat some grass or little plants to remove the hairballs out of their tummy.
4. PregnancyLike pregnant woman, the pregnant cat also vomits often. Vomiting during pregnancy is caused by the raising of estrogen hormone. It makes the pregnant cats queasy after eating so they vomit. When the vomiting’s cause is the pregnancy, never give them vomit’s medicine because it can danger their pregnancy.
5. ParasitesParasites that enters the cats’ body often make them vomit. Usually the parasites enter their body through foods or losing hair when the cats play outside. For more information about those parasites, you can search for information in the internet or asking to your vet.
6. DiseasesDisease becomes the most cause of cats’ vomiting. Some of disease that can make them vomit are below:
- mucus vomit
- vomiting of bloods
- vomits bile
- vomit yellow liquid
More: Tips for How to Bathe Your Cat or Kitten the Right Way
7. Ingesting random thingCats are the animal with high curiosity level. Hence, it’s not weird when accidentally they swallow something that is actually dangerous for their ingestion. When this happen, their ingestion system will react and make them vomit. Sometimes the random thing they swallow can be removed on their own way, but if they cannot do it, you better take them right away to the vet before it gets worse.
So, those are the most common causes of vomiting in cats. Hope this can be valuable information for you cat lovers and owner. Have a bright day with your beloved cats. Thank you for reading.