Cat Diarrhea Causes, Symptoms, Treatments, and More - Do you find your cat looks weaker and loses her appetite? And you also find her poops outside the litter box? Be careful, your cat might get diarrhea. Know these things below to help your feline friend when she gets diarrhea!
Your Cat Gets Diarrhea? You Should Know These Things!
1. Why Cats Get Diarrhea?Diarrhea is actually a response when the cats’ body recognize foreign or poisonous thing enters their body and take out that things out from their body. The foreign things can be virus, bacteria or other disease’s germs. Although in some cases diarrhea is a reparation in the cats’ body, as the owner you should be responsive because there is always a possibility that the diarrhea is a sign of virus attack or certain disease.
2. The Causes of Diarrhea in CatsThere are many causes of diarrhea including allergy, virus, bacteria, worm, fungal infection and distemper. Light or medium diarrhea can quickly cause dehydration if it’s ignored. If it happens in kitten, it can even cause death.
3. The Symptoms of Diarrhea in CatsThe clearest symptom you can recognize of the cats with diarrhea is their feces stunk out, soft sometimes watery and scattered outside the litter box because they can restrain. The cats will also lick their buttocks often. Like in human, the cats with diarrhea will lose appetite, vomit and have fever.
More: Cats Fart: Learn More about the Causes of Cats Fart
4. The Medication of Diarrhea in CatsEase your cat to access the clean litter box and provide fresh water for her drinking. If her diarrhea is medium and you know it’s caused by foods, you can give tender boiled chicken without any spice. Such food is good for the sick cat. Pay attention her poop’s activity to ensure her feces normal again.
5. When is the Time to Take the Cats to the Vet?If the diarrhea in your cat becomes serious until her feces watery and there is no improvement within 24 hours after you give above treatment, you should take the cat to the vet right away. Tell the vet the complete details you know about your cat’s condition.
6. How to Prevent Diarrhea in Cats?Diarrhea in cats usually can be treated quickly. If the cause is parasites or infection, usually medicines from the vet can treat it. If your cat often gets diarrhea, though, she might have serious health problem, for example, kidney failure or liver which need long-term treatment. If the cause is foods, it’s time for you to find the suitable food for your cat and you should stop giving her the snack that causes her diarrhea.
More: You Think Your Cat’s Poisoned? Learn the Signs of Poisoning in Cats
Okay cat lovers, those are things you should about diarrhea in cats. We hope it can be a little help for you and the cats. Thank you for reading and have a healthy life with your cat.